Friday, October 28, 2011

Time for Cake!

So, today is my first 39th birthday. Which means that seeing a book titled Fighting Fat Over Forty made me think, "Aww, #@$%! Is that what's next?"

The good news about being in the middle ages is that it's followed by the Renassaince (right?).

I'm grateful to be celebrating this day, and every other day, with my family and friends, and am especially grateful to my mom for always answering the phone when I call.

But I've noticed as I've gotten older (and have observed in others) that it's less important that there's a fuss made at one's birthday and more important that one celebrates the continuation of life by doing absolutely nothing (or as little as possible) that day.

My friend Jennifer always tried to take a personal day if her birthday fell on a weekday. Brilliant!

So here's to doing nothing, and having a glass of wine and a second piece of cake after Goober is asleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment